Your smile says a lot about you, and a bright healthy smile can go a long way toward making a good first impression. If you are unsatisfied with your smile, you may be considering the possibility of making a change. Whether you are looking for subtle improvements or a drastic overhaul, a smile makeover can help you achieve a beautiful smile and the confidence that comes with it.
What Is a Smile Makeover?
When patients hear about a “smile makeover,” many make the assumption that it is a specific procedure unique to itself. In fact, a smile makeover can be any combination of two or more cosmetic dentistry procedures meant to correct aesthetic dental flaws and provide a more visually appealing look.
What Procedures Are Involved in a Smile Makeover?
Because everyone’s teeth are different, smile makeovers are a custom process for everyone. Depending on your dental structure and the results you are looking for, your smile makeover may include:
- Porcelain Veneers: Sometimes referred to as “instant orthodontics,” porcelain veneers can conceal a number of imperfections and drastically improve the look of your teeth within just a couple of appointments. Porcelain veneers are thin porcelain shells that are bonded to the front of one or several teeth, instantly creating a uniform look and hiding flaws such as tooth discoloration, gaps or crowding, chips and cracks, and uneven lengths.
- Dental Implants and Bridges: If you are missing one or more teeth, your cosmetic dentist may recommend dental implants to restore the look and feel of a full set of teeth. Dental implants are a procedure in which one or more titanium posts are implanted directly into the jawbone by an oral surgeon. Once a post has set, it can be attached to a porcelain crown or bridge, acting as a natural-looking artificial tooth root. If a patient is not a good candidate for dental implants, due to jawbone weakness or other complications, your dentist may instead recommend a permanent or removable dental bridge that can be anchored to neighboring healthy teeth.
- Composite Dental Bonding: If you have teeth that are uneven or ridged, but are otherwise healthy, composite dental bonding can help. In this relatively low-key and minimally invasive procedure, your dentist will mold and bond composite resin directly to your teeth, filling in chips and ridges while contouring the overall shape of your teeth for a perfectly uniform look.
- Gum Contouring: Your teeth are not the only objects of your dentist’s concern during a smile makeover. If you have a low gum line, with gums that obscure an excessive amount of your teeth, your dentist may suggest laser-contouring surgery to remove extra gum tissue and create a more attractive gum line.
- Teeth Whitening: Depending on the procedures you choose, a smile makeover can leave you with unevenly toned teeth. You may opt for teeth whitening to brighten your natural teeth and create a look that is uniformly clean and bright.
Talk to Your Cosmetic Dentist about Your Smile Makeover Options Today
When it comes to your smile, don’t settle - with a smile makeover, dazzling uniform teeth are within your reach. At Treiber Dental, our friendly team is dedicated to providing high quality dental service with care and support. Contact the office of Bruce E. Treiber, DDS, to schedule a consultation and learn more about your smile makeover options today.